Old September 5th 05, 06:44 PM
ymenard

>"Stephen F." > wrote
> I actually prefer a well-designed fantasy track to some of the crap which
> is being passed off as F1 tracks over the last decade.

That's true, I would prefer quality over quantity. Bull Run is the perfect
example of a great fantasy track. It should get ported to rFactor, its
probably the fantasy track people here have raced the most, its been passed
on from N2 to the NROS to N3, GPL N4, NR2002, NR2003 and all the various
mods.

> I'm not saying all the fantasy tracks are great, but there are features in
> the LFS S2 tracks, for example, which are really enjoyable. Blind braking
> points over crests, blind apexes, diminishing radii. All the nasty stuff
> which modern F1 has denied us of.

You can't deny the factor of having the chance to drive around a track that
you would never in real life, tracks where you watched your heroes race on
them. That's the major attraction of real-life tracks, and a big point over
fantasy ones. Same for cars.

--
-- François Ménard <ymenard>
-- This announcement is brought to you by the Shimago-Dominguez