Old December 28th 17, 02:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
MoPar Man

Default '02 300M "HomeLink" feature seems to be fading.

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

> I've dropped the overhead console and see no sign of an antenna at all,
> so I assume that it's totally internal. I did see that there was a TSB
> for some 300Ms (not sure which year), the fix for which was to install a
> separate -- or maybe just longer -- antenna, but I don't know the
> details, and I can't see any connection points. IAC, it *used to* work
> just fine.

I have a fuzzy recollection that there was a keyfob range issue with
some 300m's. The keyfob (lock/unlock, trunk) function is, I assume,
handled by a separate radio system, and maybe there was a TSB for that.

> I didn't manage to unplug the connector from the wiring harness to the
> EVIC module, but I think I managed to jiggle it enough to have improved
> any flaky electrical connections. (I also found that the map-light bulbs
> are very dark, so I'll replace them while I'm about it; the only place
> nearby that has them is NAPA: I can't find them at AutoZone or Advance
> Auto.)

Did the re-seating of the electrical connectors give any improvement to
the homelink range?

Here is the latest, best suggestion from allpar so far:

The EVIC may be going bad. You can pick them up for like $20-30 shipped
from the Facebook group 300M Intrepid Concorde LHS LH Parts For Sale -
Wanted - Trade (at https://www.facebook.com/groups/156286451246784/ ) so
if it's bad it's cheap and if not you can re-sell it for only the cost
of shipping and the 5 mins it takes to swap it.