Old June 28th 06, 01:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Default VUE Green Line

On 28 Jun 2006 01:53:38 -0700, "Thomas Armagost" >
wrote:

>Gasoline has been heavily taxed in some parts of the world for decades.

As far as I am concerned they do not tax it enough because if they had
more years ago we would not be in the bind we are in now and people
would have used it a bit wiser and everone one pays a fuel tax unlike
income taxes that have large loopholes for the wealthy. The rate of
fuel tax is constant (it does not change with price of fuel) so the
amount that goes to tax on each gallon does not change whether gas is
$2 or $4 a gallon That money is going to producers, marketers and
future traders. If you want to pick on someone pick on Reagan that
opened up oil to futures trading in 80's and this profit taking easily
adds 10 to 15% to price of fuel and adds to its price instabilty
greatly as they try to drive prices up from time to time for profit.
The SnoMan
www.thesnoman.com