Old November 21st 04, 08:48 PM
Gregg Gruen

Thanks to everyone for all the good info. I did the fluid change this
weekend with the Honda ATF, and I've already noticed an improvement in
the 1-2 shift. The outgoing fluid was fairly clean. It didn't smell
burnt. There was a thin layer of particles on the drain plug, much
less so this time than the first time I changed it. (bought the car
at about 133k, first change was directly after that. Nearly 140k
now.)

One thing I noticed today when I took it out on the highway was that
darn TC again. This time it wouldn't engage at all. I drove for
about two miles at about 68mph on flat highway and it wouldn't engage.
I got off, turned around and tried it again and it seemed to work ok.
I'm beginning to suspect something, but I don't know what. I've read
some about the TC solenoid, and I've found two on the transmission. I
might do a bit more research on those to see if I can determine
whether one might be sticking.

Thanks again,
Gregg