Old October 23rd 04, 06:07 PM

Mathu > wrote:
> Honda's new Accord 2.2 i-CTDi Sport has this week set no fewer than 19
> world speed records and achieved 3.07 litres / 100 km (92 mpg) fuel
> economy to boot. British racing driver Robin Liddell and freelance
> journalist Iain Robertson were part of the European record-setting
> team.

> http://www.carpages.co.uk/honda/hond...echo=137548138

"during which one of the Accords achieved a staggering 92 mpg average."
I wonder what the other one got. Over a 419 mile run, that is pretty
impressive, if it is similar to what the other one got. Over a 30 mile
stretch, I got 65 in my Honda Civic Hybrid in rush hour traffic at ~45 mph.

What's the altitude at Papenburg? My airport chart shows 3 meters
compared to 461 for Wiesbaden, so that adds to the load.

3.07l/100km == 92 imp mpg == 76 US mpg
http://www.tdiclub.com/misc/conversions.html

--
---