Old February 13th 12, 12:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Christopher Muto

Default Testing

On 2/12/2012 6:14 PM, XS11E wrote:
> Christopher > wrote:
>
>> On 2/11/2012 1:51 PM, BK wrote:
>>> I don't have anything from this group in over a month. Is it
>>> dead, or is my provider not cooperating?

>> spring is only a couple of months away. perhaps things will bloom
>> once again...

> Just one theory..... the "C" Miata is a nice car, the "A" and "B"
> Miatas are much more than nice cars, they are objects of passion to
> many of us.....
>
> Could the group be dying due to lack of interest and the "C" Miata is
> the reason?

the age of the car certainly means fewer of them on the road, but the
death of newsgroups is the result of internet service providers no
longer including it for free with internet server. they have decided it
is a unnecessary cost that they can cut without repercussions and a
liability to host content that are potentially copyright violations (not
groups like this but ones that have binary files, scores of posts that
when combined and decoded become movies, music, and video games once
again). the trend is to use web site forums, which are popular for
volkswagon (vwvortex), and jeep, and fords, but not miata...