Old March 12th 11, 02:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

Default 215/40-R16 Yokohama S.Drive tires

In article
xyzzy > wrote:

> Can you elaborate on what you mean
> by "not very crisp" turn-in?

Sure. When you turn the steering wheel sharply, there's a slight delay
before the car responds, until the slack is taken out of the soft
sidewall and the tread bites decisively. If you initiate the turn
smoothly and progressively, you might not even notice, but it apparently
makes some folks crazy. I adapted in 15-20 minutes, by turning in a
fraction of a second earlier. I consider this a characteristic, not a
problem.

The pliant carcass also gives the T1R a wonderfully smooth, velvety
ride, and an uncanny ability to ignore broken pavement or gravel on the
road. It just keeps gripping without drama.

I must warn you that any aggressive summer tread can hum on certain
types of concrete pavement. My T1Rs were very quiet on asphalt.

Plan on replacing the T1R after three years, regardless of tread
remaining. They'll be too hard by then to work well in the wet.

I had three sets of these tires. I'm currently on Bridgestone RE-11s,
just because I wanted to try something different...which they are indeed.

--
Lanny Chambers
St. Louis, MO