Old October 30th 05, 03:40 AM
Ted Mittelstaedt

Default 1980 LeBaron Carb

"nirodac" > wrote in message
news:U_N8f.65275$S4.30548@edtnps84...
> I was at this NG some months ago, this issue is part of that problem.
> Problem; no ported vacuum for dist. Fix from this NG was to replace carb.
> Now the question; Jobber wants to sell me a carb for a 1980 318 CID,

Dodge
> truck, instead of one for a 1980 318 CID Lebaron.

There are tons of carbs on Ebay. I bought one last year for my 84 Chevy
Celebrity, it was a feedback carb and the numbers matched exactly, which
was amazing considering the number of variations of that carb that GM used.
While it was a New Old Stock carb I only needed the selonoid from it,
and the carb is still on my shelf in case I ever need it.

If I were you I would find a local carb rebuilder and see if he could drill
the passage you need in your existing carb.

Ted