Old July 5th 05, 07:09 PM
CH

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 11:29:19 +0000, 223rem wrote:

> Yesterday, in northern Michigan, was raining torrentially, and visibility
> was almost zero. Almost everyone was driving with their lights on, except
> for the GM cars, which had only their headlights (DRLs) on. Real helpful
> on the road in poor visibility conditions! Lots of GM cars have DRLs and
> automatic headlights, and give you the impression that you dont have to
> worry about your ligths.

My car turns on its headlights even when the day is gloomy. And if it is
not dark enough for the headlights to turn on automatically, there is a
nifty little switch on the left side of the steering wheel, that allows me
to turn on the headlights manually.

On the other hand it's astounding, how many 'conventional' cars still
drive around with their lights off at dusk, when my car already has turned
on its lights automatically.

Chris