Old February 17th 06, 07:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Removing ignition switch without key.

On 15 Feb 2006 19:39:40 -0800, "Brendan" >
wrote:

>Hi,
>66 mustang...Can I remove the ignition switch without the key (keys are
>lost) as I am having trouble. I have a new tumbler with keys and switch
>assembley but cant seem to twist the assembly out from behind the
>dash.? Avoiding drilling it out but maybe I have to.

Here is a possible alternative.... contact a locksmith. My dad seems
to recall that they can cut a key with just enough on it to turn the
cylinder, and it would only be a couple of bucks, kronor, Deutsche,
Euros, lira, pesos, escudos, shillings, or whatever
: 0 ) Don't even need a key for a pattern.
--

Spike
w/Black Std Interior, A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok;