Old November 16th 05, 03:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default Thermostat needle

In article >,
"Mal Osborne" > wrote:

> "Don Bruder" > wrote in message
> > In article
> >>

> > Automatic transmission with an in-radiator cooler, presumably...
> >
> > Temp drop MIGHT have to do with the cold tranny-juice hitting the
> > (already hot) radiator once you've put it in gear and the fluid starts
> > circulating.

> "Tranny-juice" is moved aeound by a pump, connected directly to the engine.
> As such, it flows as soon as the crank rotates, not once a gear is selected.

Or maybe it's not, in this particular case?

I'm grasping at straws trying to figure out why the temp gauge would
drop suddenly after an extended warmup like the OP reported. The only
thing I can think of would be the tranny being in gear somehow chilling
the radiator, and in turn, the engine. Maybe I missed it, but I haven't
seen any responses from him - I'd like to know whether it continues once
the problem has started showing itself on a drive, or clears up, or what.

ever knowing it arrived. Sorry... <http://www.sonic.net/~dakidd> for more info