Old December 28th 06, 03:37 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Mellowed

Default Ford chief seeks help from Toyota

It appears that you really wanted the Lariat model.

"Mac Cool" > wrote in message
: My family is a Ford family, with the occasional Chrysler or Plymouth
or
: whatnot thrown in. I haven't been without a Ford truck for twenty
years,
: often owning two at a time (like now) but the two I own now are likely
: to be the last Ford products I own.
:
: Why? I'm sick and tired of bare bones vehicles. Every Ford I've owned
: (car or truck) has come with a ****ty stereo system, even their
premium
: system isn't very good. My truck is a '99 XLT and doesn't have a
lighted
: cargo box, doesn't have a retractable light under the hood, doesn't
have
: an auto-dimming mirror, has the worst cassette stereo I've ever heard,
: doesn't have remote locks, the seat belts only half retract, has cloth
: seats... I mean basically it's an XLT and it's bare bones. Don't get
me
: wrong, it's well built and reliable but I expect that by default these
: days.
:
: I've owned two Ranger class vehicles... an '86 Bronco II (piece of
****)
: and a '92 Ranger. Both required heavy maintenance, either alone
required
: more maintenance than all the other vehicles I've owned combined. Next
: time I buy a small truck, why buy a Ford?
:
: I had a '94 Taurus that went 192,000 miles before it's first
: breakdown... the waterpump. Awesome reliability but very basic, ****ty
: sound system, utilitarian interior, no perks.
:
: I've owned a variety of other Fords... Mustang, several Broncos and a
: Thunderbird; the only one I would buy again would be a Mustang. Maybe
: one of those swanky convertible T-birds if I could afford it.
: --
: Mac Cool