Old March 18th 11, 02:59 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
AD[_2_]

Default No handbrake on S4?!????

On Mar 9, 9:43*am, Steve Daniels > wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Mar 2011 09:35:45 -0500, against all advice, something
> compelled Steve Thompson >, to say:
>
> > * * On Sun, 6 Mar 2011, Pete wrote:

> > * * > On 3/4/2011 9:06 PM, Kevin McMurtrie wrote:
> > * * >> There's an incline sensor in the car that holds the brakes on until it
> > * * >> thinks there's enough torque to move forwards.

> > * * > Even on cars equipped with manual trans??

> > * * Yes, even with manual transmission. My A4 is manual; you can apply the
> > * * brakes on a hill with the button, and then pull away without further
> > * * reference to the button; it turns itself off.

> That is so cool.

Until you want to swat the tail around on ice that is.
Say BMW-any-day if you are in sunbelt states. Alas, I'm in the snow
and there's a freaky diesel popping out of every hole while I,
envisioning the repair bill
for diesel, want a 2.4L 6 pot manual A6 quattro. Sigh.

Speaking of which, are you folk in the states able to order any beemer/
audi from germany
or only the engine/transmission combinations that went past the EPA
hounds?