Old January 15th 12, 12:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
D E Willson

Default CD Players On Their way Out

On Sat, 14 Jan 2012 10:05:28 -0500, "dwight" >
wrote:

" > wrote in message
>> Won't be long and CD players will be just a old, quaint accessory at a
>> future car show.
>>
>> http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_new...ing-cd-players
>>
>> Patrick

>TFrog has the original Ford Premium Sound System, AM/FM Cassette. The tape
>player hasn't been used in years, and I really only listen to AM for news
>and sports. But...
>
>Jean's got that damn Escape with the Sync system, and I admit to being a
>mite jealous. I've gone so far as to price out an all-Alpine installation
>(with Bluetooth, iPod connectivity, single subwoofer, etc.), but keep
>running up against the same problem - it would be installed in an
>18-year-old piece o' &%#$ 5.0. The car has other priorities.
>
>FINALLY got off my ass and started prepping for winter. Spent 5 hours last
>Sunday with the polish and wax (all Mother's, all the time), but still have
>to do the lower molding and panels. Here's a bad photo from Monday:
>
>http://www.tfrog.com/tfrog/7896.jpg
>
>Part of me wanted to stop after the pipes were cleaned, and head back to the
>La-Z-Boy. The photo makes TFrog look a bit better than it actually does -
>still could use a complete paint job. (Got one quote - $4,000 - and got
>scared off.) Even so, while it looks like ass, the polish and wax now makes
>it look like shiny ass, and I'm very pleased with the appearance (so long as
>it's not in direct sunlight).
>
>The Alpine set-up remains in my Wish List at BestBuy. Meanwhile, my stereo
>continues to be the twin pipes out back (especially at 2,000 rpm), and I
>have no need for GPS or any desire to talk (hands-free or otherwise) while
>driving.
>
>I'm connected at work, connected at home. I prefer TFrog to be a "safe
>zone," I think, and don't really need the electronic distraction. Still...
>
>dwight
>lately incapable of making a decision

The stereo is for enjoying while on the road. If I am taking a trip,
my notebook pc with gps/mapping, etc, goes with me.

I never have and never will use my phone while driving. If I get
messages, I'll find out at the next stop. If I get a call, it will go
to voice mail. Even to report an accident, I don't use my cell until I
have pulled over.

And, I agree, the exhaust provides sweet background music. :0)