Old December 21st 10, 10:41 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
TonyB

Default Cold Starting 1.9JTD

"R C Nesbit" > wrote in message
> The 156[1] has been a nightmare for the past month or more,
> with a ritual of parking nose in under the car port for the
> night with the battery charger plugged in, and using a heat
> gun over the fuel lines and into the air intake, still
> taking at least 5 or 6 attempts to get it to fire.
>
> The past 2 mornings, however, were possibly the coldest
> it's been so far, and it started first click!
>
> Notably the glow plug light seemed to stay on longer, and
> it ticked over at 1k for a while, whereas previously
> tickover was below 1k
>
> Is it possible that the temp sensor is faulty?

Possibly or maybe the glowplug relay or a connector.

My glow plug light came on as usual then started flashing for a while after
starting. More recently that has cured itself.

I've heard that there are lots of cars having problems that self-cure after
a while and
I guess it's the weather. My brother's Nissan turned the radio up when the
steering wheel
went to the right and down when it went to the left. That has self-cured
today.
My canbus light came on but there was no fault, that has also self-cured.

Yours could have been a faulty pump or injector as well, but if it remains
OK don't worry about it.
TonyB ( 156 JTDM Veloce 2004 )