Old February 17th 07, 07:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default Civic for tall people: pedal/seat customizations?

On Feb 16, 9:04 pm, jim beam > wrote:

> > I know other car models are better for tall people... I wish I had
> > figured that out 5 years ago!!

> > Thanks for any advice,
> > Laura

> i'm tall and think civics [without moon roofs] were made just for me
> they fit so well. chicks have longer legs so y'all are screwed. the
> only mod you could make to suit is to shift the steering wheel back, but
> i'd be very reluctant to do that unless it was done to the very highest
> [expensive] standards. maybe try another vehicle with a more upright
> position like a minivan?

Many people seem to have the same complaint about the 9th gen
corollas.
I just bought one the other day, and before I picked it up I was
reading a
bunch of reviews where people had pretty much the same complaints.
IE: hard to find a good seat position, steering wheel seems far away,
etc..
I had sat in the car, etc, but didn't really notice anything out of
the ordinary.
But I kept seeing all those reports, and started to wonder if maybe I
made
a mistake, and would end up being uncomfortable.
But after I picked it up and started driving it, I noticed no real
trouble at all.
If anything, it seems pretty comfortable to me, and I usually tilt the
steering
wheel down low towards my lap. I'm about 5,11 ft tall, so not real
tall, but
not really short either.. I guess I got lucky, unless I start to
notice some
problem on long trips.. But...Most all cars start to get to me after a
few
hundred miles. We had a 02 impala that had nice looking seats, etc,
but after a 500 mile trip, my rear felt like it was on a park bench.
I drove a 07 taurus rent a car to Oklahoma and back last week, "900
miles total",
and it was starting to get uncomfortable on the last legs back to
Houston.
I get the "restless rump" syndrome, where it's hard to find a comfy
position
for my skinny ass. I honestly think my 89 accord has more comfortable
seats than both that new taurus, or the 02 impala we had.. I still
haven't decided
which I like best as far as the honda vs the toyota.. I'll have to
wait and
see how a long trip goes. They are different animals. The accord seats
are much
lower to the ground, vs the corolla seating. The corolla seems to have
a lot of
mid-lower back support in the seats, so that might help for me on long
trips.
MK