Old November 30th 05, 04:34 PM posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving,la.transportation

Default LA County: You're Stuck in a Traffic Jam Until AT LEAST 2016

Scott en Aztlán wrote: <brevity snip>

> In north Orange County, Interstate 5 is a 10-lane superhighway, with
> the broad shoulders, terra-cotta sound walls and attractive
> landscaping one might expect along California's main north-south
> artery.

-----

Every vehicle on I-5 has to be in one of two lanes heading into or out
of the LA area and SoCalifornians have bitched about this fact since
long before you were born. There's no reason to fix I-5 since any
attempt will prove woefully inadequate and a waste of money. CA
planners always design major highways to accomodate the traffic of
"today, if not "yesterday". If any thought is given to "tomorrow" it
is a perpetual assumption that the traffic density will probably
decrease since that's what it's never done.

Inadequate highways = construction savings + longer commutes = more
fuel taxes paid. When Californians become smart enough to not elect
morons and movie stars as governor, perhaps you'll see a change. From
wherever you think you're going to end up when you die...
-----

- gpsman