Old June 21st 17, 02:34 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Need Weight-Split For My Car!

Kevin Bottorff wrote: wrote in news:4951aeeb-048c-41ef-8aaa-

> I'm talking about the Front-Rear percentage
> weight distribution.

"there is nothing basic about that figure, almost no one needs that info. if
you need it take it to a scale and figger it out your self not rocket
science. KB "

________
Used to be in every automotive publication,
hard copy or online, and in dealer brochures.

Is useful for those who like to fine-tune
tire pressures for handling purposes, etc.
Suppose a car has a 60/40(Front/Rr)
weight distro. They might want to try putting
5psi extra in their front tires, or 2lbs psi less
in the rears and 2lbs more in the fronts.

That sort of thing. That's why I consider the
info basic - unlike needing to know the #
of turns steering lock to lock. Most drivers
don't have use for that detail.