Old May 2nd 08, 03:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
E Meyer

Default 2007 Honda CRV Maintenance Schedule

On 5/1/08 1:50 PM, in article
,
" > wrote:

> On Apr 30, 3:19*pm, "Elmo P. Shagnasty" >
> wrote:
>> In article
>> >,
>>
>> wrote:
>>> The Owners Manual says NOTHING about what needs to be done and when
>>> with regard to scheduled maintenance/inspections.

>> How about the service manual?
>>
>> I'm talking about a separate small service manual that's included with
>> the owner's manual, not the factory shop service manual that's hundreds
>> of pages long.
>>
>>> All I know is to
>>> take it in whan the wrench shows up on the display. This makes me VERY
>>> uncomfortable, as I'm at the mercy of the dealer.

>> Absolutely not. *This is all documented by the manufacturer.
>>
>> You're right not to want to be at the mercy of the dealer. *Honda always
>> documents their maintenance schedules.

> I received no seperate service manual, that I'm aware of, in my '07 CR-
> V dcumention packet. I did,
> however, find a section in the back of the owners manual that gives
> certain maintenance 'tasks' to be
> performed which relate to letters (A,B) or numbers (1-6) that appear
> on the digital display when due.
> This made things clearer..I just have to wait until they appear, based
> on mileage driven or time.
>
> I'm finding that both Honda dealers in my area 'recommend' a 4-wheel
> alignment at the 15K/1year service,
> although it is not one of the maintenance items recommended by Honda.
> I don't agree, my alignment is fine and no tire wear visible. One
> dealer stated that they follow the 'SEVERE' driving condition schedule
> because it is hot and humid here in Florida. LOL....it's both colder
> AND hotter in Texas, Oklahoma, Georgia, and many other States. I think
> they are boosting their service profits.....

Your alignment (check the warranty book) is free up to 12,000 miles/1 year.
That's why they are recommending it at 15,000 - so they can charge you. If
you have any alignment issues, take it in before 12k miles/ 1 year. After
that, find a good alignment shop.