Old May 1st 08, 07:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default 2007 Honda CRV Maintenance Schedule

On Apr 30, 3:19*pm, "Elmo P. Shagnasty" >
wrote:
> In article
> >,
>
> wrote:
> > The Owners Manual says NOTHING about what needs to be done and when
> > with regard to scheduled maintenance/inspections.

> How about the service manual?
>
> I'm talking about a separate small service manual that's included with
> the owner's manual, not the factory shop service manual that's hundreds
> of pages long.
>
> > All I know is to
> > take it in whan the wrench shows up on the display. This makes me VERY
> > uncomfortable, as I'm at the mercy of the dealer.

> Absolutely not. *This is all documented by the manufacturer.
>
> You're right not to want to be at the mercy of the dealer. *Honda always
> documents their maintenance schedules.

I received no seperate service manual, that I'm aware of, in my '07 CR-
V dcumention packet. I did,
however, find a section in the back of the owners manual that gives
certain maintenance 'tasks' to be
performed which relate to letters (A,B) or numbers (1-6) that appear
on the digital display when due.
This made things clearer..I just have to wait until they appear, based
on mileage driven or time.

I'm finding that both Honda dealers in my area 'recommend' a 4-wheel
alignment at the 15K/1year service,
although it is not one of the maintenance items recommended by Honda.
I don't agree, my alignment is fine and no tire wear visible. One
dealer stated that they follow the 'SEVERE' driving condition schedule
because it is hot and humid here in Florida. LOL....it's both colder
AND hotter in Texas, Oklahoma, Georgia, and many other States. I think
they are boosting their service profits.....