Old April 3rd 06, 09:32 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default Racecom - Finally something to talk about!!

I've just read the preview of Racecom in AutoSimSport, and am surprised that
R.A.S. isn't already flooded with comment. This appears to a be another
'holy grail' of SIMs, with the physics coming from Eero Piitulainen, the
lead physics designer from RBR, and a completely 'open' architecture,
allowing anyone to add tracks and cars as required.

In fact, when I started reading this, I wondered if this was yet another RBR
April fools day joke, but as far as I can tell, its for real.

My main concern is the bleeding edge depth of functionality that has been
described. I hope that this isn't another 'one man show' created by a highly
respected developer, but with the goals so high as to be unobtainable. My
concern however is relaxed by the statement that the first release is 'in
beta', and that functionality will be restricted to tarmac circuits, and no
AI.

Cheers,
Tim