Old May 13th 04, 04:22 PM
C.R. Krieger

"Russell Fray" > wrote in message >...
> Hi,
>
> I'm likely going to buy a new A4 1.9TDi for 1st Sep delivery, with the
> 'navigation plus' and tv option. (UK Model). The brochure says that for
> "safety reasons" the TV will not work whilst the car is in motion, which is
> a bit of a pain because the only reason I would get the TV option is to that
> the passengers can watch it whilst I'm driving.
>
> I would also like to plug a dvd player / ps2 in to the navigation unit to
> utilise the screen, and stick a couple of extra screens in the rear
> headrests for rear passengers - does anyone know if that's possible?
>
> I don't want to start a thread about the legal or morale issues of having a
> TV on whilst driving please - just the technical side of whether (and how)
> it can be done

Unfortunately, this is Usenet and you don't necessarily get to set the
paramaters for the discussion. You obviously recognize that there
*is* a safety consideration here and you prefer to ignore that for
your own selfish reasons. If you're going to drop all the bucks into
a couple of DVD screens in your headrests to entertain the rear
passengers, who's left to see the front one? Just you and one front
seat passenger. If *everyone* in the car *must* be entertained by
television, I'd suggest that you're a stupendous bore who will find it
difficult not to watch, yourself - which is precisely what poses a
threat to others. So feel free to stick screens in the headrests and
connect headphones for those in the back - but don't go messing around
with the front one. Lots of things *can* be done that *shouldn't* be
done.
--
C.R. Krieger
(Still cranky)