Old May 12th 04, 06:42 PM
Russell Fray

Default Audi A4 TV module - view whilst driving?

Hi,

I'm likely going to buy a new A4 1.9TDi for 1st Sep delivery, with the
'navigation plus' and tv option. (UK Model). The brochure says that for
"safety reasons" the TV will not work whilst the car is in motion, which is
a bit of a pain because the only reason I would get the TV option is to that
the passengers can watch it whilst I'm driving.

I would also like to plug a dvd player / ps2 in to the navigation unit to
utilise the screen, and stick a couple of extra screens in the rear
headrests for rear passengers - does anyone know if that's possible?

Does anybody know if there is a way to activate the TV display so it will
work whilst driving? Most other cars with this option seem to have some
kind of "hack" that will allow it.

Also one last question if anyone knows - does the navi unit have an aux-in
so I can plug an MP3 player in to it?

I don't want to start a thread about the legal or morale issues of having a
TV on whilst driving please - just the technical side of whether (and how)
it can be done

Thanks in advance,
Russ.