Old March 21st 07, 12:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Joe LaVigne

Default Distributor cap/cover 1997 Civic

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 01:47:30 -0700, melissarwprince wrote:

> Thanks for your reply!
>
> I did take it off, and, I was sort of disappointed, there wasn't much
> carbon at all, ha...
>
> What happened with your Acura? I still cannot figure out what's wrong
> with my car. Long story short, I bought it brand new, never had a
> problem with it, EVER, and then last week it suddenly stopped running
> in the middle of the road! Without warning! Weird, eh?
>
> It's not the timing belt (checked), it's not the fuel system
> (checked), and now it's down to ignition... I think.
> The cap and rotor looked semi-okay, do you think it could be the
> distributor itself? How would you find out? (Cheaply... if
> possible )
>
> Thanks again!!!

Sounds more like a coil to me... Distributor is possible, but coil is
more likely, IMO.

When you initially asked the question, the two biggest possibilities given
to you were coil and igniter. Did you check either of them, or follow the
troubleshooting at the following address?

http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/start...tml#checkspark

It is probably a quick and inexpensive fix.