Old May 16th 06, 11:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default 2006 Mustang Convertible 2 questions?

Bill Jarrett wrote:

> Can you drive with the top down and without the tonneau on, without
> damaging the top? At lower speeds? A highway speeds?
>
> The car doesn't yet have 1000 km (600 miles) on it. Will the mileage
> improve? ( V6 - 5 speed auto transmission) Yesterday we drove 300 km
> mostly on cruise at 110km/hr and only got 31mpg (imperial gallon).
>
> Thanks
>

> Bill (A young at heart old fart)

I just crossed 2000 miles with my 06 GT ragtop.. I have had it since the
middle of April and I have a 25 mile highway commute each day .. I also
took it on a trip from Reading, PA to Richmond, VA (560 mile round trip)

I am averaging 23 MPG overall.. On the Long trip, I got 25 MPG.. Which is
about the same as I was getting from my 2000 Mustang v-6, 5-speed coupe...

Very Pleased... There is NOTHING like cruising down the highway in a loud
V-8, top down, with the stereo cranked up.. (especially when you pull up
alongside one of those Rap-Thumping, Bumble-Bee sounding, Neon Lit,
Fiberglass BodyKit Nightmare, 8 foot tall and 4 Wing, spoiler wearing,
Eurotrash 'things' that seem to be all the rage these days... ) :-)

2006 Mustang GT Convertible, Premium
Satin Silver
Dark Charcoal Leather
Interior Upgrade Package