Old October 15th 05, 08:24 PM
Bob Vaughan

Default Is Handicapped Parking also Commercial Parking?

In article . com>,
Dave > wrote:
>http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/8586/handi11ei.jpg
>
>http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/174/handi22rw.jpg
>
>DEL MAR, CA - Apparently since he was just in the striped area, he
>didn't feel it was part of the handicapped spot, or that he was
>obstructing the view of a narrow driveway.
>
>I never used to see businesses hijacking handicapped spots, but over
>the past few months it's become quite commonplace in the San Diego
>area. Is this a new trend, or did I just never notice what
>inconsiderate jackasses people are?
>
>Dave

I've seen it for a number of years.. It's the folks for whom logical
thinking is a pipe dream..

If you feel like it, call the police.. the striped area is considered part
of the handicapped space, and carries the same penalties (currently
about $300 in Palo Alto, your rate may vary depending on how greedy the
county gets with admin fees, etc..)

I suspect you could do the same if the space is blocked with boxes, or
other store crap, unless they have additional spaces temporarly designated.

Bob Vaughan | techie @ tantivy.net |
| P.O. Box 19792, Stanford, Ca 94309 |
-- I am Me, I am only Me, And no one else is Me, What could be simpler? --