Old November 5th 10, 11:05 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Kyle Dresden

Default Audi Reliability Unacceptable by US Standards

On Tue, 2 Nov 2010 10:27:05 -0400, D. LaCourse >
wrote:

>So, Mike and Anonymouse "David", what kind of cars do you drive? Front
>wheel drive rice burners? You would **** your pants if you drove a
>real car like my RS6 or any of the M machines BMW offers, or any of the
>AMGs MB offers.

BMW sucks horse cock.

I had a 2007 BMW 335i (6spd, twin turbo, 2dr coupe). When I bought the
car it had 40,000 miles and a transferable maintenance
package/warranty (wipers, brakes, oil/other engine fluids). When the
wiper blades are not up to standard BMW has to deem them that way (not
the daily driver) and will not replace them. I didn't own the car long
enough to even replace the brakes on the damn thing. When the service
engine light came on I took it in for the scheduled oil change that is
part of the maintenace package and they changed the oil for free (then
charged me $20 to "dispose" of the used oil). I told the dealer that
the dump in my town would dispose of the oil for free and to put the
used oil in the used containers and I would dispose of it
myself(obviously they had an excuse why they couldn't do that). One of
the halo lights on the car burnt out, that was $200 for the part and
labor for one headlight (ridiculous). My steering wheel lock sensor
malfunctioned (didn't affect the performance of the car just displayed
an annoying red light on the dash display that could not be
overriden). That was not covered by the warranty and set me back a
cool $1200. Then the fuel pump went on a car with 49,000 miles. Since
this was a factory defect (still ongoing for the last 4 years with all
3.5 liter twin turbo BMW engines) they replaced it for free. This
would've cost me $2500. Long story short I sold the Bmer and bought a
2008 IS 350 (had more options than the BMW...navigation, backup
camera, covered under warranty for everything including the tire/wheel
warranty (best thing ever any tire or wheel problems bring it back and
it will be fixed free of charge), and the invisible shiled in the
front and other areas to avoid rock chips. 32,000 miles of smooth
sailing would never buy anything besides a Lexus again. I still have
my 1999 GS400 (225,000 miles), 2008 IS 350 (32,000 miles) and saving
for my next Lexus