Old April 13th 10, 07:11 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

Default Alfa 156 JTD

On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 23:32:13 +0100, "Steve H on the road"
> wrote:

>"Zathras" > wrote in message
.. .

>> An example of this is that I can *easily* get 60mpg at 60mph

>Yet I struggled to top low 40s in a 320d....

...but if you sat it at a constant 60mph, I bet it would give better
than 60mpg. My 325d would get mid to upper 30s if I wasn't careful so
I'm surprised how poor the supposed more economical 320d was for you.
What my example was emphasizing was the efficiency of diesel at part
'throttle'.

>I think our 156 is just about the best combination:
>
>Sportwagon
>Original body
>Facelift interior
>TS, rather than JTS engine.
>
>Ignore the Sillyspeed, though ;-)

If it has the dual zone improved A/C then that might compensate a bit
for the Harlem smoke stack! ;-)

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather (sold)
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email must have the word 'Alfa' in the
subject line to get through auto-filtering)