Old January 7th 14, 01:51 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Steve[_65_]

Default Trickle Charging a C7 battery

On or about Mon, 06 Jan 2014 18:45:28 -0500, Smarty
> wrote or did cause to be written:

>I'm now wondering if a locksmith could make a duplicate of the fob key
>or if it has some type of fancy design or technology which makes the
>duplication very difficult / expensive?

The 05-07 is a Hilman B-106 blank. I don't know what the number is for
08-13 and your C7 but, depending on the key combination, some newer
keys can be duplicated with the older blank. The new key is slightly
narrower than the old one.

Any good locksmith should be able to make a duplicate. With the C6 the
keys went back to just a hunk of metal. No more electronics.