Old January 6th 14, 04:06 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Smarty

Default Trickle Charging a C7 battery

On 1/3/2014 5:41 PM, Rufus wrote:

> I still have a compartment on the left side, and that's where I store
> my tire inflator, fault code reader, etc. Don't have a trunk mounted
> accessory outlet though...just the one in the center console. I think
> my battery terminal connections have quick releases that you can undo
> by hand...I haven't looked under there in a while. You may want to
> ask if that trunk connector might also support jump starting somehow.
>
> I think I've heard of people buying later fobs with key storage as an
> "upgrade" for older C6's without that, but I'm not sure you can do
> that for all of them - my key is integrated into the end cap of the fob.

The C7 key is also integrated into the end cap, which makes a very nice
solution. I bought my C6 convertible just as I bought my C7 convertible,
as soon as they were released, so I am guessing my C6 fob being the
original design may have prevented me from seeing and knowing that a
later revision was optional offered or substituted.

The trunk mounted cigarette lighter-style socket is described as a
charging port and accessory port in the C7 owners manual. I highly doubt
that it is designed to handle anywhere near the amperage for a quick
start but certainly can easily handle the 1.5 amp current provided by my
CTEK charger.