Old April 12th 12, 12:56 PM posted to aus.cars,rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Krypsis

Default Starter solenoid current?

On 12/04/2012 9:01 PM, Paul Saccani wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 17:04:47 +1000, Trevor Wilson
> > wrote:

>>> Because it could fry the poor thing ...
>>> Most multimeters maxo ut at 10 Amps.
>>> I suspect that it could be 30A, if not more.
>>> Bosch book says 30 to 70A, depending on the size of the starter.

>> **This'll do the trick:
>>
>> http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView...for m=KEYWORD
>>
>> You should be able to borrow one from your local sparky. Most have them
>> now, though DC rated ones are a little rarer. Auto electricians have
>> them. Or should.

> I already offered him a loaner. He prefers not to borrow equipment.
>
> You can't fault that.

A group of us used to share equipment. Had all manner of things. If we
needed something, we'd pool our resources and just buy it. Trouble is,
most members of the old group have shuffled off their mortal coils now.
I was one of the youngsters in the group. Actually, come to think of it,
I am the youngest that's left out of the few who "were" young'uns.
Ah well, I'm a tad too knackered to be crawling around and under cars
now. Best leave it to the next generation I guess!

--

Krypsis