Old November 29th 04, 06:49 AM
Matt O'Toole

daytripper wrote:

> They may also be waiting for state legislation to ease enough to
> actually sell diesel *cars* in the USA. I don't believe CA and MA,
> for two, make it easy if even possible to sell diesel automobiles (as
> opposed to trucks)...

This is true, and it's a big problem because those two states, plus NY, are
BMW's biggest markets. But this situation will probably change in 2006, when
low-sulphur diesel becomes available. Then auto diesels can more easily meet
CARB standards. (California Air Resources Board, whose standards have also been
adopted by MA and NY)

Matt O.