Old November 29th 04, 01:57 AM
GRL

It can't be sold in either place, but MB still realizes that leaves a whole
lot of the rest of the country. Plus the low sulfur diesel we are mandated
to get in a few years will make if 50 state legal.

It is a sweet unit. Drove one this summer. Excellent smoothness and
acceleration. From inside, you can't tell it's a diesel.

George Litwinski

wrote:
> >"daytripper" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >> On 28 Nov 2004 03:46:30 -0800,

(Andrew

> >they

> >> They may also be waiting for state legislation to ease enough to

actually
> >>sell diesel *cars* in the USA. I don't believe CA and MA, for two, make

it easy
> >>if even possible to sell diesel automobiles (as opposed to trucks)...

> >How does MB manage to do it?

> MB's *only* USA diesel passenger model listed today is the E320 CDI, so

it's
> not like diesels represent much of a profit center for MB in the USA. And

it