Old November 29th 04, 12:40 AM
GRL

Actually, we do: Corvettes, some Caddies, some Jeeps...even some Bimmers
and Mercs.

The low dollar effect is real, but not overwhelming...and when it comes back
up (it will as our interest rates go up), BMW STILL will not be able to sell
a mid-20's sedan that anyone will want to buy. Or so I think.

George Litwinski
"Huw" > wrote in message

> "GRL" > wrote in message
> > They tried selling a mid-20's truncated 2-door hatchback version of the
> > old
> > 3-series in the early '90's BEFORE the fall of the dollar. It was a

dismal
> > failure, as it deserved to be. I suppose they will try it again with a 1
> > or
> > 2-series, but I predict those will end up being low 30's cars, at best.
> > BMW's problem is that they have gotten away with charging too much for
> > their
> > cars for so long, that they never learned how to operate very

efficiently,
> > didn't have to. The problem with that is they say they want to be a

broad