Old February 9th 14, 06:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Bill Leary

Default Scirocco 16V struts

> wrote in message
>
> The best thing I can tell you is to look at the strut inserts on both the
> 8v
> and 16v and you will see they are different size. I don't believe the
> insert
> from a 16v will fit in a 8v housing.

The guy doing the work also does restorations. He's found the struts,
without springs, for front and rear. The springs aren't a problem on the
front since the originals are intact. But one of the back springs is broken
a bit less than a quarter of a turn right at the bottom. We can't find rear
springs.

- Bill