Old December 17th 09, 07:38 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Uwe

Default NVIDIA driver

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 18:50:09 -0800, Mel Fisk wrote:
> I had previously rolled back to 182.08 in device manager when I had the
> problem. Then I just installed the 186 version

Ok, here's a little report: First time ever I used the nvidia
uninstaller to remove the 195 drivers. Little did I know that it would
remove the *chipset* drivers of my m2n-e sli mobo too 8-P

At least that's what appeared to be the case after the reboot, the NIC
would refuse to work and so on which is kinda bad because I had the
old drivers on an smb based network share.

After some fiddling with an sd card, a newer version of the chipset
drivers and some reconfiguration of the nic I was ready to install
v186 again, so far everything is looking good.

rF appears to work fine, too, but as those texture crashes were few
and far in between, only happened online on a single server and only
running the BT52 mod at certain tracks (Kya 2005, Donington GP), I
guess a final verdict will have to wait a little longer ;-)

Passed on NFS shift to my son in the process too as the game won't
work with that driver version... *shrug*

Cheers Uwe