Old May 29th 09, 09:10 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jeffareid

Default Opinion on iRacing short falls.

> Indeed; I've driven on Zandvoort both in a simulator and in real life, and it does help greatly to at least know what
> braking points you have in the simulator. It scales quite well to real life.

So in your opintion how close are the braking points? Perhaps it's
related to the track and conditions, but I've read a few times that
the braking points in iRacing are significantly different than the
braking points in real life, an apparent limitation of sim-oriented
factors in a racing game. The turn-in points will be about the same,
even in an arcade game, although the fastest way through the tricky
(non-intuitive) and tight corner sequence at a track like Willow
Springs may not be the fastest way for a sim-oriented game. I don't
know if Willow Springs is included in iRacing.