Old January 7th 06, 09:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default Wheel weight?

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> I think BBS gave up on the aftermarket market some time ago and kind of
> plays that role of "we're the best, if you want us PAY FOR US!". It seems to
> me that they still do supply allot of OEM wheels (admittedly, high end cars)
> and I would think they'd have to be somewhat competitive on those.
>
> I had been told quite a few years ago (when having a heart attack over the
> price of replacing two 15" OEM BBS wheels on a Jetta GLI) that VW had bought
> up BBS. Can anyone here confirm or debunk that? I'd like to know if that was
> smoke being blown up my ......well, you know. FWIW I ended up replacing all
> 4 wheels with alternate aftermarket wheels and at that time in my life I had
> no clue about wheel weights and never did notice any handling difference /
> change.
>
> Chris
> 99BBB

Even though what you say makes sense, I think that you are a quack, that
you are talking out of your butt, and that you are a sheltered fool. ;-)

Just wanted to keep the hostile tone of the group going.......

With that, I just got through working, it is over 70 degrees and not a
cloud in the sky, and I am going for a comfortable top-down ride.

Take that you frozen Northern scum! ;-)

Pat