Old January 6th 06, 05:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default Wheel weight?

I am looking for a new set of wheels and tires for my '95 and can't find any
OEM one locally for a reasonable price. I don't really care if they are 14"
or 15" and am planning on putting Falken Ziex's on them or perhaps
Bridgestone Traction TA's... Meaning that I am not looking to the ultimate
in performance, but rather a very good value. Tirerack has some wheels that
I like but many they are quite heavy. The 14" OEM wheels weight in at about
11-11.5lbs (13lbs for the '99 14"). The 15" OEM are 13lbs. Tirerack has
the SportEdition D5 that weights 12.8/15.4lbs for 14/15" respectively. And
the Borbet CA weights 16lbs for the 14" (15" not listed). These wheels are
under $70 each. I like the styling of the Borbet CA's and think it provides
a modern look that still manages to reflect the roaster spirit with its
spokes. I also think that the painted finish on the Borbet is higher
quality and doesn't look cheap like the Sport Editions. But if I go with
the Borbet CA am I going to regret the added weight? Or should I forget
about looks and just go for the price/weight leader of the 9.3lb Kosei K-1
TS at $119 each? All comments welcome, I can take it
Thank you.

http://www.miata.net/faq/wheel_weights.html