Old November 3rd 05, 01:41 AM
Karls Vladimir Peņa

Default Weber IDF vs Dellorto DRLA, Opinions?

Hello all, been out for a few weeks, but now I'm back working on the bug.

Just got Bug me video Vol. 3 a couple of weeks ago from ACN. This video
rocks!!! I thought rebuilding an engine was far more difficult. So, I'll
take a shot at building my first engine myself.

I've been checking out parts for this project all around and found out Weber
IDF prices are ridiculous these days. So I found a few Dellorto DRLA kits on
ebay that have more reasonable prices. I already learned how to sync and
clean IDF's, but never seen a dell up close, they look pretty similar on
pictures.

Are DRLA's as good as IDF's? they are going to be used on a pretty mild
engine, maybe a 1776-1914cc. Are they easy to service? I have to do
everything myself. I can buy them already tuned, but I know I'll have to
deal with them sooner or later. Are there any drawbacks? Can I get a service
manual for them? Anyway, what is a Dellorto? why people advertise them as
Dellorto/Weber? Tell me about your experiences with them.

Thanks for your answers,

Karls