Old November 11th 04, 01:53 AM
Mike Iglesias

In article >,
Mark Barrett > wrote:
> My question to the group is can I eliminate the on/off of
>the check engine light during elevation changes by changing one
>or more of these sensors? When the vehicle was newer the check
>engine light never came on. However, I can now reliably predict
>when the check engine light will start coming on based on where
>I am driving in the mountains. I know there are voltage measurements
>that can be made to the sensor outputs. However, when I am at home
>the light never comes on so I am assuming the sensor outputs are
>all in a normal range.

The best way to deal with this is to get the codes pulled from the
computer to see why it's turning on the check engine light. I think
places like Kragen or AutoZone will do this for you. Once you know
what is causing the check engine light to come on, check back here
and someone can probably tell you what you need to look at next.

--
Mike Iglesias Email:
University of California, Irvine phone: 949-824-6926