Old July 12th 08, 05:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
GT5OH[_2_]

Default Weird stumble when at WOT

On Jul 12, 6:04 am, Michael Johnson > wrote:
> Bob Willard wrote:
> > GT5OH wrote:
> >> Hey guys,

> >> I am getting a weird stumble from my 1990 GT when I mash down the
> >> pedal at WOT. It feels like all of a sudden I am running out of gas
> >> or just loosing power. I have checked all the vacuum lines and I am
> >> not sure what else could be causing this. Here are the modifications
> >> I have done recently which one of has to have caused this:

> >> Cobra upper and lower intake manifold (w/spacer)
> >> Shorty headers
> >> Radiator
> >> Water pump
> >> Fan w/clutch and shroud
> >> cap and rotor
> >> wires
> >> alternator (upgrade to 130A)
> >> Ram air hood

> >> If anyone has any idea what could be causing this I would appreciate
> >> this, it's not fun when your mustang won't get up and go when you want
> >> it to. Thanks for the help guys.

> >> Sean

> > Have you checked the fuel filter? It could be clogged.

> It might be a dying fuel pump too. My guess is the problem is fuel related.

That is what my guess was too. I am going to replace the fuel pump
with a better flowing unit and replace the fuel filter while i'm at
it. I am going to have to post some pics for you guys she's lookin'
pretty sweet with that new ram air hood. :-) Thanks for the input
guys.

Sean