Old June 15th 04, 02:30 AM
Jonnie Santos

UncleNick wrote:

> when my brother installed my new radio in my 98 saturn, he for some odd
> reason decided to cut the wires behind the radio...i want to sell my car
> now, but i want to put the radio back in...does anybody know where i can
> find a wiring diagram that will explain the wires that come out of my 98
> factory saturn radio??
> "unclenick"

Weird he didn't use a harnass adapter - they're cheap and common.

I looked in my Chilton's and found everything but the radio wiring.
Then I found my old instructions from Crutchfield. This doc is dated
4/2/98, ref doc no. 120 70-1858

Note - this is for a 1997 SL-2

POWER
yellow 12 volts constant
red 12 volts switched
blue power antenna
orange/white dimmer
black chassis ground

FRONT SPEAKERS
gray right front speaker positive
gray/black right front speaker negative
white left front speak positive
white/black left front speaker negative

REAR SPEAKERS
green left rear speaker positive
green/black left rear speaker negative
violet right rear speaker positive
violet/black right rear speaker negative