Old February 9th 05, 03:54 AM
Roy

I have to agree with you on the peppy (at least for a 4 cyl sedan). Mine is
a 98 SL1 and when a friend drove it he was quite shocked by the kick in the
back he got when he let the clutch out. He has a 96 Civic with the fart-can
muffler (in his defence he bought it that way) and said there was no way it
would beat the Saturn on a sprint.
I've never had trouble merging with mine and I can't imagine they would have
changed the engine or made the car that much heavier in 4 years. The only
trouble I have had merging is when some incapable driver is in front of me
and imagines a yeild sign instead of the merge sign.