Old March 31st 11, 02:08 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andrew MacPherson[_2_]

Default I was trying not to expect too much from rF2, but...

(PlowBoy) wrote:

> So since I didn't have time to surf, when is it out?

I've been away for a few days so you'll have probably been able to research this
already, but my current best guesstimate for rF2's release is some time just after
Fukushima becomes a tourist destination. :->

It wouldn't surprise me if they went all the way to next Xmas, because it seems to
me that they still have a lot of work to do polishing things for release. They may
cut a few corners to lance the boil of impatience, but I'd rather they waited to
avoid too many release issues.

On the other hand if they want to release it tomorrow I'll happily buy it,
especially if the AI's up and running satisfactorily.

I was going to buy Shift2, but the early reviews seem to show that -- as we
suspected -- it was only ever going to be Shift1 with a bit of spit, polish, and
night racing.

I want it, I just don't want it at full price. Especially as I have Cliffs of Dover
downloading in the background!

Speaking of rushed releases, there are some very mixed messages floating around
about this long awaited title too. Disappointment appears to be a big theme this
week, what with Crysis2, Shift2, and potentially this too.

Still, shooting Jerry down into the English Channel is always entertaining, no
matter what other problems there may be.

Andrew McP