Old June 17th 13, 01:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
KWW[_2_]

Default What did you do to your VW today?

On 6/16/2013 3:59 PM, Bill Leary wrote:
> "ChrisKlinger" wrote in message ...
>> Bill Leary wrote:
>>> could comment on what I did to my VW today, but mine's water cooled.
>>>
>>> My curiosities a
>>>
>>> How many in this group still have air cooled VW's?
>>> - and -
>>> What is their status?
>>> On the road, running but not on the road?
>>> Stored?
>>> Things like that.

>> 1965 Karmann Ghia 1835cc dual 44 Weber - Daily driver

> Do you have a picture of that somewhere online? My brother was a fan of
> the Ghia.
>
>> 1960 ('59 build) Beetle. 6V 36HP non-synchro 1st bone stock, right down
>> to the horn that can be disassembled and repaired (still planning to get
>> the screw-terminal oil-pressure sender one day); stored at my parent's
>> house, waiting for 'time' to go through it. Needing paint, headliner,
>> brakes.
>> All else pretty much perfect.

> Sounds like a nice machine. Even with the needed work.
>
> Thanks.
>
> - Bill

Actually started working on my '64 Beetle. It has 98000 miles on it.
Took apart the front hubs and plan to re-grease the bearings & all
grease points. The car needs paint, interior re-done, fuel system
cleaned out, and I have a spare engine to put in it while I get my
current engine rebuilt. The tires are probably dry rotted too.