Old April 25th 12, 07:22 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
AD[_2_]

Default Audi tries hand at luxury PHEVs with A6 L e-tron concept

On Apr 24, 8:40*pm,
(MummyChunk) wrote:

> The controls are intuitive. The powermeter replaces the tachometer;

Wow. prius owners are flocking to audi en masse
and require the same infotainment to supplant now absent bland driving
experience?

> its pointer indicates total drive system power on a scale of zero to
> 100 percent. Colored segments indicate the current operating state of
> the A6 L e-tron concept; an auxiliary instrument visualizes the charge
> state of the lithium-ion battery.
>
> Meanwhile, the energy flow indicator tells the driver the current
> operating mode and which hybrid drive components are currently active.

Really? And I thought MPG indication is annoying enough.
For the lack of "leave the infotainment panel blank" option I
alternate between
the "time spent en route" and "miles left until next fillup" (the last
one
provides an amusing read given that the fuel level sensor is
malfunctioning in a nearly 10 year old car.)

I'm sure all that infotainment would be very entertaining
as the car ages (if/when it makes into production that is)

Anyhow, it's good it will be tested on chinese first
as they seem to have started "lets test it on americans" trend first