Old October 14th 09, 04:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
mike[_6_]

Default 1959 Bel Air versus 2009 Malibu - NMC but at least car-related

On Oct 13, 4:24*pm, Geary Morton > wrote:
> In article
> Hmmmmm, that's a fairly slender inline six, which as I recall left lots
> of open space on either side of the engine compartment. *I wonder how
> the '59 would have fared had it been equipped with the wider 283 V8, or
> even better, the much wider big block 348. *I'm thinking it would've
> fared better.

those late '50s/early 60's Chevys with the X frames didn't
do all that great in the old demolition derby contests, no
hope vs Buick Electras and Merc Marquis, let alone
the full sized Mopars.

I would have liked to see a '59 Imperial for a true test of
Detroit Iron. X-Frames not so good in collisions.

**
mike
**