Old December 11th 04, 03:05 PM
Eza Gadson

>> The ML is the worst piece of trash that Mercedes has ever sold (in America).

> The interior quality of the ML was at least as good or better than the Acura
> MDX and Lexus RX 330, neither of which are horrible by any degree. It was fit
> well and looked good, although not as good as previous Mercedes.

We'll just have to respectfully disagree on this one. I find both the
interior and exterior fit, finish, and feel of the ML to be appallingly
cheap and lacking in the "traditional" (but becoming less traditional with
each passing model) Mercedes quality. I have no experience with the Lexus
or the Acura, so I don't know if they are terrible as well.

>> Check out a 1994 vintage W124 E-class or an even older W126 S-class.

> My Grandfather owned a 1979 S-Class Diesel sedan and a 1991 560 SEC coupe that
> he kept as "side" vehicles till just last year. Both were extremely well put
> togethor, but the 1998 SL500 and 2004 E500 he has at the moment aren't bad
> either. I'm waiting for a new Sl to replace the 98'.
> Steve Grauman

The last body SL was the last well built MB IMHO, and it was magnificent.
While the new car is a far superior sports car, its build quality doesn't
match up. And as for the W211, I love the way it looks, and considered
replacing my wife's W124 wagon with one, until I spotted the consistently
inconsistent panel to light cluster gaps on every W211 I observed up close.
That's just plain unacceptable for cars this expensive. Look at what Audi's
doing these days. There's just no excuse for cheap plastics and big
inconsistent panel gaps in a "luxury" car. It's sad, but I think I know own
my last two MBs.