Old April 18th 05, 08:15 PM
Spike

It's true, what you say, and yet, at the same time, it is a HUGE
oversimplification.

The Autobahn has drivers everyday who risk heavy fines by not
complying with lane discipline, and there are plenty of MAJOR
accidents, and scores of citations which bear this out.

Second, you fail to take into account the broad spectrum of traffic
flow patterns; ranging from dense metro traffic to sparse rural
traffic. You fail to take into account that each requires a totally
different approach to driving. What works in the city does not work in
the country, and vice versa. You fail to take into account the
composition of the drivers; young, old, experience, new, etc.
And you fail to note that the Autobahn is not without speed limits
imposed as it approaches metropolitan zones. That 911 must slow down
and comply with everyone else.

Twenty years of law enforcement has shown me that there is a wide
range of reasons for accidents. Lane discipline is only one factor.

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 11:57:39 -0500,
(Brent P) wrote:

>In article >, RichA wrote:
>
>> who think
>> 40mph can mix with 60mph without problems.

>On a limited access highway where lane discipline is practiced, a wide
>speed variance is easy and safely delt with. Only in the USA is this a
>problem, because lane discipline is practically non-existant in much of
>the nation.
>
>Lane discipline is why a 911 and 2CV can be on the autobahn at the same
>time.

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16